Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Custom hadoop-env.sh

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yi Zhang 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

I can’t figure out whether jmxremote is enabled by default. Normally, I set jmxremote up in hadoop-env.sh as follows:

export HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS=”-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=58004
    $HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS”

I can certainly change /etc/hadoop/conf.empty/hadoop-env.sh so that the different _OPTS entries contain what I want but how does Ambari react if I do so? Is there another way to make this type of modifications?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Yi Zhang

Hi Gunnar,

It is amabri-agent that changes the conf files. Amabri-agent uses puppet libraries.

Thanks,
    Yi.

Collapse

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the information. Do you have any idea when the Ambari-1535 will be fixed?

Sasha: I tested your approach and it works. I assume it’s puppet that overwrites /etc/hadoop/conf/hadoop-env.sh when starting the Hadoop services from the Ambari UI?

Thanks,

Gunnar

Collapse

tedr

Hi Gunnar,

At the curent time JMX is enabled, but jmxremote is not. the ability to add OPTs to hadoop-env.sh is currently requested in Ambari-1535 jira at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-1535.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for the information. Just to have asked the question… do you enable jmxremote at this time?

Thanks,

Gunnar

Collapse

Sasha J

Gunnar,
    unfortunately, it is not possible to perform such things in current Ambari release.
    It reverts all the modification made in configuration files directly.

If you really need this functionality set, then you can edit files, but not use Ambari for restarting services, restart it manually from the command line.

Sorry for inconvenience…

Hope this helps.
    Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)