Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Database Requirements

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Lars Schulte

As a part of my Bachlor-Thesis I have to implent a prototype of a Hadoop-Cluster on two local machines.
    I prepared them both excactly as your guide suggests, still I am not quite sure with the instruction:

“Ensure that your database administrator creates the following databases and users.

It is recommended that you note down the database name and user account credentials. You will need these details while configuring the HDP Installer. ” (2.4. Database Requirements)

Does this imply I have to set up a Derby-Database before running the MSI?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Lars,

Thanks for using HDP for Windows. No, you don’t need to set up a Derby database first. the Docs for the database section read “By default, Hive and Oozie use an embedded Derby database for its metastore. To use an external database for Hive and Oozie metastores…” Which means if you just want to use Derby no database needs to be set up in advance of the installation. You will still need to provide the username and password that will be used for the database when it is created by the installer, though.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)