Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Datameer Playground

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eduardo Rosas 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Adam Rench
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been able to install the HDP 2.0 Sandbox without any problems and have run through several of the tutorials as well. So I know Virtual Box is working properly. I’m on a Windows 7, 64 bit system. But I just downloaded the datameer playground, which I think was built on HDP 1.3. I downloaded the ova and was able to import it into VB. When I start it up, everything starts up fine, I get all the “OK”s and then it gives me the IP address and port to access via my browser but there’s no response from my browser. All it says is that the page doesn’t exist. I am not running the other 2.0 sandbox at the same time I am trying to access the datameer playground FYI. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi Adam,
    Firstly, I work at Datameer, and I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Datameer/Hadoop sandbox.
    You are correct that the Datameer sandbox is running HDP-1.3.

Since I’m not sure if you are using a browser from the VM or your host machine please forgive these questions if they are off base.
    Did you check that the ip address displayed are correct? (ifconfig /all)
    Is IPtables running? (service iptables stop)

I’m downloading this version now to try and recreate and will let you know if I run into the same issue.j
    If you wan to reach out to me directly at erosas at datameer dot com.

Eduardo

Collapse

Adam Rench
    Participant

Still trying to play around here. I was able to start the ambari service and now admin and admin allow me to login, but the progress bar stops moving about 75% of the way through when logging into Ambari.

My IPs shown on the VM still don’t appear though.

Collapse

Adam Rench
    Participant

Some more info: I am able to log into the sandbox but I am using 127.0.0.1:8888 and when I choose 127.0.0.1:8080 I do get to the ambari login page. However admin and admin do not work. The odd thing is that on my VM, the IP address it tells me to go to is 10.0.2.15 for the sandbox and 10.0.2.15:8080 for datameer. But when I access those IPs, I get no reply on my browser.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)