Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation DataNode not starting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sivagamasundari Veerabahu 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am starting for the first time after installing HDP2.0 and its failing with the below error.
    Please advice

failed: su – hdfs -c ‘export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh –config /etc/hadoop/conf start datanode’ returned 1 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:480
    Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘DataNode not starting’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Thanks Dave , I resolved this issue, the problem was that the datanode directory had 777 permission, when I changed to 755 ,and. Started the datanode it started fine.
    The only problem I have now is ,the ooze in dashboard is telling that it’s failed to install, but the install wizard says it installed fine.
    Not sure which is right, so obviously I don’t have an option to start Oozie,it gives me an option to reinstall
    1. Can I try to reinstall the Oozie from the dashboard when other services are up and running? Because everything else is working fine.
    2. Why did the install wizard say that the Oozie is installed ? Is there a way to check this.?
    I will start a separate thread for this one.
    Thanks

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

Please attach the datanode log (/var/log/hadoop/hdfs) from the failing host

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)