Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation DBConnectorVerification.jar error on install of hive client install ambari

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Sposetti 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

James Bashforth
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to install hadoop 2 using Ambari on Centos6. Everything has gone well up until install of hive client install. I get the below error

notice: Finished catalog run in 0.13 seconds
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Exec[snmpd_autostart]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive/Hdp::Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar]/Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar]/returns:
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive/Hdp::Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar]/Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar]/returns: curl: (7) couldn’t connect to host
    err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive/Hdp::Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar]/Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar]/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed: /bin/sh -c ‘cd /usr/lib/ambari-agent/ && curl -kf –retry 5 http://PRJADL-UBHDN01.VELPRJ.LOCAL:8080/resources/DBConnectionVerification.jar -o DBConnectionVerification.jar’ returned 7 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:487
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive/Hdp::Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar]/Anchor[hdp::exec::download DBConnectorVerification.jar::end]: Dependency Exec[download DBConnectorVerification.jar] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive/Configgenerator::Configfile[hive-site]/File[/etc/hive/conf/hive-site.xml]/content: content changed ‘{md5}c2b0b8eccf8a7f3e0e893673db99a24e’ to ‘{md5}b2b2da26485ca3b47bc19f5fd181975f’
    notice: Finished catalog run in 66.03 seconds

Thanks

James

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jeff Sposetti

Looks like this is the issue and a fix is available. Timing for Ambari 1.6.0 is later in May.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-5705

Collapse

Nico Maesen
    Participant

I also have the same issue.
    I’m using RHEL6.32-431.5.1 and the Ambari suite 1.5.1.
    My setup consists of 4 nodes (virtual) and I have this issue on 2 of the nodes.
    On one node I have only Nagios Server selected, the other node contains following components:
    - NameNode
    - Ganglia Server
    - HBase Master
    - ZooKeeper
    - Nimbus
    - Storm UI Server
    - DRPC Server

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

1) What version of Ambari are you using?
    2) As part of the install process, what other components did you assign to the host where this Hive client is being installed?

Thanks.

Collapse

Eric Perler
    Participant

i have the exact same issue.. did u ever find a resolution ?

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)