Ambari Forum

Decommissioned Datanode Still Showing in Ambari

Ray Roberts

I’m running Ambari 1.4.1 and I recently decommissioned a datanode via Ambari. All seem to go well, as the the Namenode UI(hostname:50070) is now showing the correct number of live nodes(7). However, Ambari is still showing 8 datanodes in the dashboard, but does say ‘Decommissioned’ under the host.

How do I get ambari to reflect the correct number of datanodes?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Jeff Sposetti

There might have been a bug related to that in Ambari 1.4.1 but I can’t seem to find the JIRA.

The latest Ambari is 1.4.4. Want to try upgrading?

Ray Roberts

Thanks for the reply.

So, the expected behavior is once it is decommissioned, ambari then reflects this automatically, there is no other action required?

Ray Roberts

I’ve upgraded successfully, however, now I can’t login to ambari. When I go to hostname:8080 I get ‘Loading’ .

Any ideas?

Kenny Zhang

Hi Ray,

It sounds like browser cache is not clear after the upgrade. Could you please try to clear the web browser cache and try again?

Ray Roberts

I’ve tried that and even from a browser I’ve never used to access ambari. I believe this issue has blended into another issue that is being worked on a different thread:

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.