Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Default Sandbox 2.0 Location for Job Logs

Miguel Paraz

Hi,
    I’m learning Hadoop programming using Sandbox 2.0.
    I’m trying out some MapReduce jobs and need to see the output of my logs.

I’m logging using Apache commons logging – using LOG.info level since that’s what I see as default in /etc/hadoop/log4j.properties:
    hadoop.root.logger=INFO,console

I couldn’t find where the log entries are written. Where do they go?

Thanks!
    Miguel

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Miguel,

In 2.0 they are stored in /var/log/hadoop-yarn/yarn but this is for the nodemanager and resourcemanager
    The logs are configured to be stored in HDFS under /app-logs however you can pull these out if you know what the applicationId is (you should see this at the start of your job)
    You can run yarn logs -applicationId insert.application.id.here >> myfile.txt

then you can look in myfile.txt for the yarn logs

Thanks

Dave

Miguel Paraz

Thanks Dave! I have seen the logs I am looking for.

cheers
    Miguel

The topic ‘Default Sandbox 2.0 Location for Job Logs’ is closed to new replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.