Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Dependency Error (snmp)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Philpot 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mark Philpot

I get the following trying to install the custer:

Mon Jun 18 16:49:53 -0700 2012 /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Snmp-configfile[snmpd.conf]/Hdp::Configfile[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]/File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]/ensure (err): change from absent to present failed: Could not set ‘present on ensure: No such file or directory – /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf.puppettmp_2339 at /etc/puppet/agent/modules/hdp/manifests/configfile.pp:64
    Mon Jun 18 16:49:53 -0700 2012 /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Service[snmpd] (notice): Dependency File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf] has failures: true
    Mon Jun 18 16:49:53 -0700 2012 /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Service[snmpd] (warning): Skipping because of failed dependencies
    Mon Jun 18 16:49:53 -0700 2012 /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Anchor[hdp::snmp::end] (notice): Dependency File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf] has failures: true
    Mon Jun 18 16:49:53 -0700 2012 /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Anchor[hdp::snmp::end] (warning): Skipping because of failed dependencies

Everything from then on fails saying “Skipping because of failed dependencies” — Any help would be appreciated

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Mark Philpot

Sorry! Just checked my system and I was running Centos 5.8 (Final)

Collapse

Sasha J

Hi Mark,

Is there any chance you can do a clean install on the target with CentOS 5.7?

Sasha

Collapse

Mark Philpot

That worked (or at least got to the next error)

I’m using Centos 5.6

Collapse

Sorry to hear that you encountered this issue. It is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming release. For now the workaround is to run the following command on each of the cluster node:
    yum install -y net-snmp net-snmp-utils
    After this you should be able to continue, HMC will require you to reinstall the cluster.
    Can you tell us the operating system and the version where you are having the issue?

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)