Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

digest of file Hortonworks-Sandbox-1.3-VMware-disk1.vmdk does not match manifest

I have downloaded this Hortonworks+Snadbo+1.3+VMware+RC6.ova for my VMware Version 5.0.2 player over 10 times now. Each tine when I try to open the selected file from within VMware – the following message appears at different times for each file – but always appears:
    Failed to open virtual machine: SHA1 digest of file Hortonworks-Sandbox-1.3-VMware-disk1.vmdk does not match manifest.

I need another location or file format to load. Anyone else seeing this problem?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Sasha J

This usually means file corruption during download…
    I just try this with VMWare Player on windows, works fine.

Did you try to use VirtualBox?
    It usually works better than VMWare….

Thank you!

It worked after the 12th or 13th download of the file.

Sasha J

Looks like your internet connection is not very good….

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.