Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Disabling LZO compression

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Praveenesh Kumar 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,
    I have a rpm installation of HDP 1.1.0 and for some reasons, I am not able to install the rpm packages on SUSE enterprise 11, service pack 1. I have read few posts regarding bad gpg key on hadoop-lzo package but found no satisfactory answer. Tried all the options but its all in vain. The header file seems to be corrupt.

Anyways,I thought of disabling compression, as another alternative. Modified by core-site.xml:

io.compression.codecs
    org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec,org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.DefaultCodec,com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec,com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec,org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.BZip2Codec,org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec

A list of the compression codec classes that can be used

for compression/decompression.

io.compression.codec.Default.class
    org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.DefaultCodec

<!–

io.compression.codec.lzo.class

com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec

The implementation for lzo codec.

–>

Also modified mapred-site.xml:
    <!–
    mapred.map.output.compression.codec
    org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec
    If the map outputs are compressed, how should they be
    compressed

–>

mapred.output.compression.type
    NONE
    If the job outputs are to compressed as SequenceFiles, how should
    they be compressed? Should be one of NONE, RECORD or BLOCK.

mapred.compress.map.output
    false

I restarted the cluster and when I am trying to run a simple wordcount example. I am getting the following error:
    hadoop jar /usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-examples.jar wordcount passws passws-out
    13/09/09 12:13:23 INFO input.FileInputFormat: Total input paths to process : 1
    13/09/09 12:13:23 INFO mapred.JobClient: Cleaning up the staging area hdfs://linux:8020/user/root/.staging/job_201309091212_0001
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Compression codec com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec not found.
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CompressionCodecFactory.getCodecClasses(CompressionCodecFactory.java:96)
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CompressionCodecFactory.(CompressionCodecFactory.java:134)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.TextInputFormat.isSplitable(TextInputFormat.java:46)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInputFormat.java:258)

Can someone please help me in either installing hadoop lzo rpm package or in disabling the lzo compression. I don’t understand why its taking lzo compression by default even after disabling it? Am I missing something ?
    Regards
    Prav

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.