Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation do I have to install Puppet/Ruby/Php before install Ambari?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Sposetti 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Yunpeng Yin

Hi,

My installation failed when registering agent, and logs repeated like below, any idea how can I fix it? I did not install Puppet/Ruby/Php on my master server, because this is not included in 1.2.0 installation guide, am I right?

My env: Cloudera CDH4 + Ambari 1.2.0

Master log:
    06:48:58,458 INFO QueryImpl:152 – Executing resource query: {Host=null}
    06:48:58,459 INFO ClusterControllerImpl:92 – Using resource provider org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.HostResourceProvider for request type Host

Agent log:
    INFO 2013-02-21 07:12:27,658 Controller.py:153 – Got server response: {u’executionCommands’: [],
    u’registrationCommand’: None,

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jeff Sposetti

1) Confirm you are using the FQDN for the agent host when you are entering it in the Ambari Server Install Wizard web page
    2) So it was on the “Confirm Hosts” page, you get a failed message on the hosts that are registering? Can you post the output from that popup?

Collapse

Yunpeng Yin

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

1.2.1.2 for both server and agent yum, I tried again to install agent manually but failed at same step.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

With Ambari 1.2, you no longer need Puppet, Ruby or PHP on the Ambari Server. A list of the various dependencies (across the different Ambari components) can be found here…

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.1/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap1-5-1.html

Can you confirm which version of Ambari you installed? You can check via “yum info ambari-server”. Based on that output, are you running 1.2.0 or 1.2.1?

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)