The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

MapReduce Forum

Eclipse mapreduce unable to connect to sandbox 1.2

Venkatesh Bodapati
    Participant

I am trying to setup Eclipse Indigo to run Map/Reduce prgs using “hadoop-0.20.3-dev-eclipse-plugin” and “hadoop-0.18.3-eclipse-plugin”

Copied hadoop plug to eclipse/plugins.
    Open Eclipse in MapReduce perspective.
    Add MapReduce Locations
    Entries
    Map/Reduce Master
    Host : 192.168.15.128
    Port : 8021
    DFS Master
    Host : 192.168.15.128
    Port : 8020
    User : root

first parameter changed to root for property
    hadoop.job.ugi: root,xxxxxx
    mapred.system.dir: /hadoop/mapred/system

followed
    http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module3.html

But unable to connect.
    Got an error unknown host:http

And also tried with ports 9001 and 9000 instedad of 8021 and 8020, but same error.

And I tried with one more plugin from sandbox,
    Pulled the Eclipse plugin from sandbox /usr/lib/hadoop/contrib/eclipse-plugin/ folder -> to Eclipse/plugins.
    but nothing changed.

Please can anyone suggest me any other properties to be changed or any modifications in hadoop/conf/hadoop-site.xml.

• Author
    Replies

Hi,

I’ve managed to make this work, but using hadoop-0.18 from yahoo site and the provided plug-in bundled in the tar file. I think your plug-in version will not be able to connect to that version of Hadoop. I’d recommend building your own version of the plug-in, you can find how to do it here:

http://panchaleswar.wordpress.com/2013/12/25/creating-hadoop-2-2-0-plugin-for-eclipse/

I’ve tested this with Hadoop 2.0 and seems to work…

Hope that helps

The forum ‘MapReduce’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.