Home Forums HDP on Windows – Non Installation issues ERROR 1070: Could not resolve org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Wonoh Kim 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mo Lin
    Participant

Hi,

When run below Pig command on HDP 2.1 for Windows, failed with ERROR 1070: Could not resolve org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader. please advise what could be wrong.

grunt> sample_01 = LOAD ‘hivesmoke’ using org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader();

Logfile shows below info:

Caused by:
    <line 1, column 39> pig script failed to validate: org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException: ERROR 1070: Could not resolve org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader using imports: [, java.lang., org.apache.pig.builtin., org.apache.pig.impl.builtin.]
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanBuilder.validateFuncSpec(LogicalPlanBuilder.java:1299)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanBuilder.buildFuncSpec(LogicalPlanBuilder.java:1284)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanGenerator.func_clause(LogicalPlanGenerator.java:5162)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanGenerator.load_clause(LogicalPlanGenerator.java:3519)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanGenerator.op_clause(LogicalPlanGenerator.java:1629)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanGenerator.general_statement(LogicalPlanGenerator.java:1106)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanGenerator.statement(LogicalPlanGenerator.java:564)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanGenerator.query(LogicalPlanGenerator.java:421)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.QueryParserDriver.parse(QueryParserDriver.java:188)
    … 10 more
    Caused by: org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException: ERROR 1070: Could not resolve org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader using imports: [, java.lang., org.apache.pig.builtin., org.apache.pig.impl.builtin.]
    at org.apache.pig.impl.PigContext.resolveClassName(PigContext.java:653)
    at org.apache.pig.parser.LogicalPlanBuilder.validateFuncSpec(LogicalPlanBuilder.java:1296)
    … 18 more

thanks,
    nemo

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Wonoh Kim
    Participant

OK. pig -useHCatalog works.
    Yet, I want it work automatically. Is there a way to put the option (-useHCatalog) in .pigbootup file?

Collapse

Mohamed ElSheikh
    Participant

I was facing the same exact problem, the only difference is that I am using the HDInsight emulator for windows.
    The problem was fixed when I copy the jar file name hcatalog*.jar to the path “C:\Hadoop\hcatalog-0.4.1\bin\share\hcatalog”
    It now works fine!

Collapse

Mo Lin
    Participant

yes, that’s the cause. thanks Jianyong!

-Nemo

Collapse

Jianyong Dai
    Participant

Do you use “-useHCatalog” option when launching pig?

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)