Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox error in loading data into sandbox-Tutorial6

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

TR RAO
    Participant

In tutorial 6(loading the data into hortonworks Sandbox at the last step in executing the query editor after typing as below , I am getting error.Kindly give suggestion how to rectify that at this situation.

create table webloganalytics as select to_date(o.ts) logdate, o.url, o.ip, o.city, upper(o.state) state, o.country, p.category, CAST(datediff( from_unixtime( unix_timestamp() ), from_unixtime( unix_timestamp(u.birth_dt, ‘dd-MMM-yy’))) / 365 AS INT) age, u.gender_cd gender from omniture o inner join products p on o.url = p.url left outer join users u on o.swid = concat(‘{‘, u.swid , ‘}’)

After executing the above query i am getting error.

regards
    TR RAO
    IIT Kharagpur

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi TR,

I have checked your query and it is correct.
    I can recreate your issue if I do not have all the tables created – what tables show in HCatalog?
    Have you followed all the steps before creating this view – such as creating the users and products tables?
    Did you create the omniture view correctly, save the query and view the results?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

TR RAO
    Participant

Hi Sir, for the below query,

create table webloganalytics as select to_date(o.ts) logdate, o.url, o.ip, o.city, upper(o.state) state, o.country, p.category, CAST(datediff( from_unixtime( unix_timestamp() ), from_unixtime( unix_timestamp(u.birth_dt, ‘dd-MMM-yy’))) / 365 AS INT) age, u.gender_cd gender from omniture o inner join products p on o.url = p.url left outer join users u on o.swid = concat(‘{‘, u.swid , ‘}’)

After typing the above query for sample data(omniture0.tsv) it is showing like —— Error occurred executing hive query: Unknown exception.

Kindly suggest how to solve the above query at this situation.
    TR RAO
    IIT KHARAGPUR

Collapse

Dave

Hi TR,

Can you please attach the error which you are getting?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)