Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Error Loading Ambari in Eclipse

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Navin Kumar

Ambari-server gives these error when loading on eclipse –
    1. Unable to ignore resources. Attempted to beginRule: F/ambari/ambari-server, does not match outer scope rule: MultiRule[P/ambari-server]

2. No marketplace entries found to handle build-helper-maven-plugin:1.8:regex-property in Eclipse

Please advise how to solve these errors. I want to open the Ambari code in eclipse and study the code.

Thanks
    Navin

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Navin,

That’s not what I was trying to say at all. This, I guess, is a close to an Ambari forum as there is. I should have said that I am not a Development Engineer at all. I am a support engineer. Though the one thing that I have found about the ambari repository is that it is not a eclipse software repository. It is a Git repository that you clone to your computer and then point eclipse at.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Navin Kumar

Hi Ted,

Okay, I understand. I guess I did not post my query in the correct forum. I could not find any forum for Ambari issues. Do you know of any relevant forum?

Thanks
    Navin

Collapse

tedr

Hi Navin,

It should be doable, but as I am not a development engineer on that project I haven’t done it myself.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Navin Kumar

Hi Ted,

I did look at the link. But it did not work for me. May be I missed something. I will try once more.

My goal is to get the Ambari code in my local system from the repo. So, the copy in my local system will not push any changes to the code to any branch or the trunk.

Is it doable or not?

Thanks
    Navin

Collapse

tedr

Hi Navin,

Have you looked at https://cwiki.apache.org/AMBARI/ambari-development.html ?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Navin Kumar

Thanks Ted.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Navin,

I am looking into finding out how to do this and if there are any instructions. Will get back to you when I get this info.

thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Navin Kumar

I am new at ambari. So please provide detailed solution. Also, if there is any document or forum which explains how to import the ambari code in one’s local machine’s repository and open it in eclipse, it would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Navin

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)