Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Error resolving IPAddress for host 'HIVE_SERVER_HOST'

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

David Vance
    Participant

Trying to install the latest version of HDP for windows 1.1 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise machine and receive the following error when the installation is run:

WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: Error resolving IPAddress for host ‘HIVE_SERVER_HOST’

The contents of my clusterproperties.txt file are:

———————————–
    #Log directory
    HDP_LOG_DIR=d:\hadoop\logs

#Data directory
    HDP_DATA_DIR=d:\hdp\data

#Hosts
    NAMENODE_HOST=myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=SECONDARY_myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz
    JOBTRACKER_HOST=myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz
    TEMPLETON_HOST=myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz
    SLAVE_HOSTS=myserver02.xx.xxxxxx.biz, myserver03.xx.xxxxxx.biz, myserver04.xx.xxxxxx.biz

#Database host
    DB_FLAVOR=derby
    DB_HOSTNAME=HIVE_SERVER_HOST

#Hive properties
    HIVE_DB_NAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_USERNAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_PASSWORD=hive

#Oozie properties
    OOZIE_DB_NAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_USERNAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD=oozie
    —————————–

The registry setting for hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip6\parameters\DisabledComponents is set to hexadecimal value ffffffff.

I’m able to ping myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz thru myserver04.xx.xxxxxx.biz successfully from the machine that fails but had to make changes to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to get decently looking IP addresses.

Was planning to use myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz as the namenode and myserver02-04 as slaves. Admittedly, I don’t know
    how to set everything else. Just want to get a test environment setup to kick-the-wheels.

The contents of the installtion log are:

WINPKG: Logging to existing log D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.1.0.winpkg.install.log
    WINPKG: ENV:WINPKG_BIN is D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\
    WINPKG: Setting Environment::CurrentDirectory to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    WINPKG: Current Directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    WINPKG: Package: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\..\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip
    WINPKG: Action: install
    WINPKG: Action arguments:
    WINPKG: Run-WinpkgAction D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\..\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages install
    WINPKG: UNZIP: source D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip
    WINPKG: UNZIP: destination D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages
    WINPKG: UNZIP: unzipRoot D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg
    WINPKG: Unzip of D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip to D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages succeeded
    WINPKG: UnzipRoot: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg
    WINPKG: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPack

Any help solving the installtion error is appreciated!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Bharath,

This usually means that hostnames do not resolve correctly. Please check your records in DNS or hosts file to make sure they resolve correctly. You can also try to ping by IP and by hostname to make sure that you get expected values.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Bharath Dasa

Here is the partial log for your view.

CAQuietExec: Write-Log : WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from D:\HDP\clusterproperti
    CAQuietExec: es.txt WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped
    CAQuietExec: WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped Write
    CAQuietExec: -Log : HDP FAILURE: Error resolving IPAddress for host ‘$blrkec250239d’ At C:\H
    CAQuietExec: adoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:
    CAQuietExec: 531 char:11
    CAQuietExec: + Write-Log <<<< $_.Exception.Message "Failure" $_

Collapse

Bharath Dasa

Hi,

I am getting the same issue of resolving the IP address even though I had set the name of the machine only respectively for DB_HOSTNAME value. Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Collapse

abdelrahman

Hi David,

You are very welcome. Glad to help anytime.

Thanks
    -Abdelrahman

Collapse

David Vance
    Participant

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you for your excellent suggestions. Your recommendation regarding the DB_HOSTNAME change solved my immediate issue!

I’m now fighting an uninstall before I can reinstall. I’ll keep you posted on the derby db flavor recommendation but it might be a while before I can get back to you on that front.

Again, thanks for helping me get this far!

Collapse

abdelrahman

Hi David,

I have couple of recommendations for this installation:

1. Replace the following line:
    DB_HOSTNAME=HIVE_SERVER_HOST

With:
    DB_HOSTNAME=myserver01.xx.xxxxxx.biz

2. Try to change the derby db flavor to Mysql. If not validate that derby instant is up and running on the host.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    -Abdelrahman

Collapse

David Vance
    Participant

The full log is:

WINPKG: Logging to existing log D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.1.0.winpkg.install.log
    WINPKG: ENV:WINPKG_BIN is D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\
    WINPKG: Setting Environment::CurrentDirectory to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    WINPKG: Current Directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    WINPKG: Package: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\..\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip
    WINPKG: Action: install
    WINPKG: Action arguments:
    WINPKG: Run-WinpkgAction D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\..\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages install
    WINPKG: UNZIP: source D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip
    WINPKG: UNZIP: destination D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages
    WINPKG: UNZIP: unzipRoot D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg
    WINPKG: Unzip of D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip to D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages succeeded
    WINPKG: UnzipRoot: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg
    WINPKG: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1
    HDP: Reading HDP layout from c:\download\hortonworks\clusterproperties.txt
    HDP FAILURE: Error resolving IPAddress for host ‘HIVE_SERVER_HOST’

At D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\InstallApi.psm1:102 char:14
    + throw <<<< "Error resolving IPAddress for host '$hostname'"
    WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from c:\download\hortonworks\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn't contains drive identifier, checking skipped WARNING: Target path doesn't contains drive identifier, checking skipped Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: Error resolving IPAddress for host 'HIVE_SERVER_HOST' At D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:38
    3 char:11
    + Write-Log <<<< $_.Exception.Message "Failure" $_
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
    tion
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
    n,Write-Log

At D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\winpkg.ps1:131 char:8
    + throw <<<< $out
    WINPKG: rd /s /q D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg

WINPKG FAILURE: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1 failed.

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)