Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Error when installing HDP on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Andy Cutler

Hello,

I have an error when installing HDP on a Win 2008 R2 Enterprise server. I am running the msi and passing parameters, however it’s failing with an error in the install log stating:

HDP: Reading HDP layout from C:\Files\clusterproperties.txt
    HDP FAILURE: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST

In my clusterproperties.txt file the DB_FLAVOR and HIVE_SERVER_HOST are both set to the hostname I’m installing on. When I run “hostname” in cmd I then use this server name in my clusterproperties.txt file.

Any ideas?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Andy,

Yes, there is another way to create the metastore, it can be configured to use Microsoft SQL Server, the instructions for which are in the HDP on Windows documentation.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Andy Cutler

Hi Robert,

I have followed the advice in that forum post but unfortunately the error still occurs.

“HDP: Reading HDP layout from C:\Files\clusterproperties.txt
    HDP FAILURE: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST

At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\InstallApi.psm1:240 char:18
    + throw <<<< "For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST"
    WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from C:\Files\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn't contains drive identifier, checking skipped WARNING: Target path doesn't contains drive identifier, checking skipped Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST
    At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:38
    3 char:11
    + Write-Log <<<< $_.Exception.Message "Failure" $_
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
    tion
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
    n,Write-Log"

I did wonder about point 4 on the reply in that forum post stating:

"4. Derby may not be stable for hive metadata. It is better to use something else.
    DB_FLAVOR=derby"

Is there another way of creating the metastore?

Thanks

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    I believe the issue might be related to this post:

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/install-fails/

There were a few suggestions in there that you may want to try. Let me know if it helps.

Kind Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)