Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Error when trying to write from Talend to HDP 2.0

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Goverman 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

David Goverman
    Participant

Issue writing to HDP 2.0 from Talend 5.4.1
    Tags: [bug, development, error, HDP 2.0, Hortonworks]

Downloaded the most recent Hortonworks HDP Sandbox (v2.0) and latest Talend Open Studio for Big Data (v5.4.1) on 2/10/14. I am able to interact with and upload data to the HDP VM through the Hue interface. However, when trying to upload data via Talend as per the tutorial available online at ___http://hortonworks.com/kb/how-to-connectwrite-a-file-to-hortonworks-sandbox-from-talend-studio/___ I am receiving the following error (excerpt due to length):

[ERROR]: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient – Failed to close file /user/root/testfilez
    org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File /user/root/testfilez could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1). There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation.

The file is created in HDP, but it is 0 bytes and thus contains no content.

Based on research online, I have verified that the data node is running and is not full (see attached cluster summary image). I have seen similar issues to this one with other versions of HDP/Talend in online forums, none of which has provided a solution. I am trying to have a tRowGenerator in Talend generate 100 rows and then output them into Hadoop via the tHDFSOutput. Every time I run the job I am receiving the error. I have the following configured in Talend:

tHDFSConnection:

Hadoop Version: Hortonworks Data Platform V2.0.0(BigWheel)
    NameNode URI: “hdfs://127.0.0.1:8020/”
    User name: “root” (have also tried “sandbox” and “hue”)

tHDFSOutput:

File Name: “/user/root/testfile” (have tried “/” and “/user/hue/testfile”)

tRowGenerator:

Configured to generate 100 rows, each with two string and 1 int columns.

The tHDFSConnection is connected to the tRowGenerator via an OnComponentOk trigger, and the tRowGenerator is connected to the tHDFSOutput via a Row Main.

Can anyone please suggest a solution to this connectivity issue? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

David Goverman
    Participant

Ian,

I was able to resolve this issue as well by following the advice given in this Talend forum post:

http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34330

Hopefully this will help others trying to stand up the sandbox on their machines.

Collapse

iandr413

I just tested this against my single node cluster running on virtual box and it worked. FYI.

Ian

Collapse

iandr413

I just did a quick setup myself and see the same issue. I have come to the conclusion it is due to the setup of the sandbox and the various IP addresses at work in it. I believe the file is created but when it tries to write to the datanode it cannot due to it seeing an internal IP address. You could try putting that in your local hosts file so the client is aware of where it needs to go and see if makes a difference.

Have you tried doing a simple one node install in a virtualbox instance and tried connecting there? I am going to try this on a virtual box instance I have to see if it makes a difference when I have some free time this week.

Ian

Collapse

David Goverman
    Participant

Hi Ian,

Yes, I have tried the instructions listed in the document you referenced, and received the exact same error. Seems to be any action trying to write to HDFS from Talend is generating that error. Any further suggestions? Thanks in advance!

David

Collapse

iandr413

Hi David,
    Have you tried the initial setup doc located at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.9.0/bk_dataintegration/content/ch_talend-instruct.html#ch_talend-instruct-job? It may provide a baseline to see if the job works and may indicate any missing setup. Might be helpful to start there.

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)