Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Excel 2007 ODBC Driver for Sandbox 2.0

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Leeper 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

David Leeper

Looking at a documentation, it appears that the referenced ODBC driver works with Excel 2013, but there are a number of postings that state that you can use a earlier 32-bit version for Excel 2007. I have tried those versions and it doesn’t create the ODBC Data Source. Which one should I use and what are the steps to have it appear as an ODBC source.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

David Leeper

Yes, I’ve tried three so far and they haven’t showed correctly in the ODBC Data Source Administrator as did the latest Excel 64-bit version. That’s why I’m confused about which one to use. It shows up in the Add and Remove programs, but not the ODBC Administrator. I installed HortonworksHiveODBC32.msi.

Collapse

Carter Shanklin
    Participant

There are multiple ODBC driver downloads, look for the 32-bit MSI.

Collapse

David Leeper

I was able to successfully download and install the driver, but it didn’t work because I’m using Excel 2007 (32-bit). The problem is that is 64-bit and setup for Excel 2013 64-bit. I wasn’t able to locate the 32-bit version.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi, Have you tried the driver installation instructions that were delivered with the 2.0 Sandbox? And, have you tried a different browser? Sandbox does not support IE10.

For Excel 2007 you need to install the 32-bit driver.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)