Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

facing issue in installing VMware and sandbox

I have downloaded VMware-player-5.0.2-1031769 and installed, also downloaded Hortonworks+Sandbox+1.3+VMware+RC6 and try access with the mentioned VMWare, but i am getting the following error
    “Binary translation is incompatible with long mode on this platform…”

Thanks much

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Cheryle Custer

Are you importing the appliance from VMware player or are you double-clicking the virtual machine? You must import from within VMware Player for the Sandbox to work.

i get these error and fixed via bios enable Virtual Tecnology.

Cherlye Custer, I am double clicking VMware Player, then selecting “Open a Virtual Machine” then opening the Sandbox.
    I am just following the pdf instruction. My system is Windows Vista having intel core duo cpu T6400.

Marcos Almeida,
    I do not have the option in bios for Virtual Technology to enable.

Thanks much, please advise from here to proceed.

Cheryle Custer

Hi Helina

Please validate through your computer manufacturers website that your system can support virtualization. Some systems do not have the ability support virtualization at the BIOS level. The following article from the Microsoft site may help (says it applies to Win 7, so the navigation may be different, but the ideas are the same): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/BIOS-frequently-asked-questions.

If your BIOS is set up to support virtualization, I would recommend installing VirtualBox and seeing if you can download and use the VirtualBox version of the Sandbox instead as I don’t know if VMware Player supports Vista.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.