Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox facing issue in installing VMware and sandbox

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cheryle Custer 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi
    I have downloaded VMware-player-5.0.2-1031769 and installed, also downloaded Hortonworks+Sandbox+1.3+VMware+RC6 and try access with the mentioned VMWare, but i am getting the following error
    “Binary translation is incompatible with long mode on this platform…”

Thanks much

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Cheryle Custer

Hi Helina

Please validate through your computer manufacturers website that your system can support virtualization. Some systems do not have the ability support virtualization at the BIOS level. The following article from the Microsoft site may help (says it applies to Win 7, so the navigation may be different, but the ideas are the same): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/BIOS-frequently-asked-questions.

If your BIOS is set up to support virtualization, I would recommend installing VirtualBox and seeing if you can download and use the VirtualBox version of the Sandbox instead as I don’t know if VMware Player supports Vista.

Collapse

Cherlye Custer, I am double clicking VMware Player, then selecting “Open a Virtual Machine” then opening the Sandbox.
    I am just following the pdf instruction. My system is Windows Vista having intel core duo cpu T6400.

Marcos Almeida,
    I do not have the option in bios for Virtual Technology to enable.

Thanks much, please advise from here to proceed.

Collapse

i get these error and fixed via bios enable Virtual Tecnology.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi,

Are you importing the appliance from VMware player or are you double-clicking the virtual machine? You must import from within VMware Player for the Sandbox to work.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)