HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

Failed in Registering host

Siddharth Gawshinde

I am installing HDP 2.0 using Ambari on AWS EC2. I installed Ambari and able to open the console. But when trying to register host list, it successfully installs agents and fails at registration with no much details in logs, It waits long on registering an fails,

The repository used is ambari-, I am stuck on this very long now, please help. I did ambari-server reset, yum erase ambari-server, reinstall , reboot etc

st-1.compute.internal, exitcode=0
    Setting up agent finished
    Registering with the server…
    Registration with the server failed.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Siddharth Gawshinde

‘Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server’, ‘6.4’, ‘Santiago’)
    (‘redhat’, ‘6.4’, ‘Santiago’)

Jeff Sposetti

Do you see any hosts registered with the server? Maybe the agent did register but under a different hostname than you specified? Do you see the host here? And is it the hostname you expected?

Confirm: on EC2, you used the internal private DNS hostname?

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.