Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Failed to import Sandbox appliance – help

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Littlefield 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sunil Chitgopekar
    Participant

Hi,

Per subject line. My vbox version is 4.3.8 and I am running Windows 8.1 x64-Intel Pentium, 6GB RAM. I was able to install Hadoop 2.2.0 on Ubuntu on this laptop but I am not Sandbox. Any idea what I did wrong?

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\SunilC\Downloads\Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova.

Could not create the clone medium ‘C:\Users\SunilC\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted ‘C:\Users\SunilC\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component: Appliance
    Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Mark Littlefield
    Participant

I am using oracle virtualbox to try and download the sandbox and the hortonworks sandboxes files to import the appliance and they did not appear in my VM folders to import the appliance to eventually download the sandbox.

Please assist.

markelittlefield

Collapse

Sunil Chitgopekar
    Participant

HI all,

I discovered that others had seen this problem when they downloaded the ova with Chrome. When I downloaded, as suggested, with IE 11, all went well.

Thats great!

Now on to the next phase ..

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)