Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Failing to register host, in the install Wizard

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sivagamasundari Veerabahu 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I want to setup a 2 node cluster on RHEL 5.8 VMware Linux machine with HDP 1.3.2
    I am trying to install thru ambari as per the documentation.
    I have the ambari installed and running on server2, I am trying to install the cluster thru Ambari Install Wizard.
    Its failing to register the hosts, I have listed both server1 and 2 as hosts , Server2 where Ambari is, will need to host SecNameNode,Hiveserver,ZooKeeper etc.
    Not sure why its failing to register, I have the password less ssh set up from server2 where my ambari is, to server1. I have the key file that was copied to server1.And did place it in the box.
    Any insight will be really helpful

Thanks

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

I got these 2 removed using yum remove

Collapse

I got rid of everything down below except for these 2

libconfuse
    Installed on1host

ambari-log4j
    Installed on1host

Any idea where they are and how can I uninstall?
    Thanks

Collapse

Dave,
    I had the system admin configure the repos and proxy opened for me connect to internet..But when I opened and logged into AMbari web console, It asks me to start from step 1, so when I did, it brought me the below warnings when registering the host.Its because I think some of the packages were installed on 1 server whereas the other one failed.
    So last time when I tried to install.. 1 server was completed with warnings and other one failed.
    Should I uninstall everything and try again.. if so can I get some instructions on it.. or is there a way around this ?

The following packages should be uninstalled

Package

hadoop
    Installed on1host

hadoop-lzo
    Installed on1host

hbase
    Installed on1host

oozie
    Installed on1host

sqoop
    Installed on1host

pig
    Installed on1host

zookeeper
    Installed on1host

hive
    Installed on1host

libconfuse
    Installed on1host

ambari-log4j
    Installed on1host

Thanks

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

The net-snmp-utils package comes from the CentOS repository.
    This will be from the internet and not a HDP package.

You need to ensure that your repositories are configured correctly and can install the required packages for the install to complete

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Dave,
    The ntp was up and running but it’s still bringing that warning.
    We confirmed that the ntp was running on both the servers.but still not sure why it’s brining that warning, so we decided to proceed with the install.
    But the deploy failed with the below error…

notice: Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds
    err: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Package[net-snmp-utils]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Could not find package net-snmp-utils
    err: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Package[net-snmp]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Could not find package net-snmp
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Anchor[hdp::package::snmp::end]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Anchor[hdp::package::snmp::end]: Dependency Package[net-snmp-utils] has failures: true
    warning: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Anchor[hdp::package::snmp::end]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Snmp-configfile[snmpd.conf]/Hdp::Configfile[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]/File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Snmp-configfile[snmpd.conf]/Hdp::Configfile[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]/File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]: Dependency Package[net-snmp-utils] has failures: true
    warning: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Snmp-configfile[snmpd.conf]/Hdp::Configfile[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]/File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Service[snmpd]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Service[snmpd]: Dependency Package[net-snmp-utils] has failures: true
    warning: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Service[snmpd]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Anchor[hdp::snmp::end]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Anchor[hdp::snmp::end]: Dependency Package[net-snmp-utils] has failures: true
    warning: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Anchor[hdp::snmp::end]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-ganglia/Anchor[hdp-ganglia::begin]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-ganglia/Anchor[hdp-ganglia::begin]: Dependency Package[net-snmp-utils] has failures: true
    warning: /Stage[2]/Hdp-ganglia/Anchor[hdp-ganglia::begin]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-ganglia/Hdp::

I see same error with other installs too not just ganglia….where does the installer get these packages from? Should it be local or is it trying to get it from website?

Please advice.

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

NTP is the network time protocol.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-install-ntp-to-synchronize-server-clock/

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Dave,
    I manually installed the Ambari agent on both the servers.
    Server1 – I installed the agent, changed the ini to point to server2 (where the ambari server is) and started the agent
    Server2 – I installed the agent, Made NO change to ini file, and started the agent
    Now , came back to install wizard and this time, it reigstered both the servers successfully. But there is a warning on both the servers.

The following services should be up
    Service
    ntpd Not running on 2 hosts

Looks like ntpd should be up and running.. what is ntpd ? how can get this fixed?
    Can you Please adivce.

Collapse

Dave,
    My company does not allow using the private key, So I am installing the agent manually as you had mentioned earlier in this Thread.
    Note.. Server 2 is where I have my Ambari server installed.
    As per documentation , it says to install Ambari agent on every host of the cluster, So I manually installed the agent on server1.
    Should install the agent on server2 too where the ambari server is ? Because its gonna host sec name node, data etc.. as we have only 2 node cluster.
    Also which conf file I should edit ? on server1 or server2 ? and point to which server ?
    Little confused here Can you please advice ?

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

Yes, you need to use the private key.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

I am able to ssh from server2 to server1 as sudo without a pwd..No issues.
    But the document clearly says, that I need to enter the private key (not public key) on the box in install wizard.. Could that be the problem.. because I entered the public key

Collapse

Dave

Hi Sivagamasundari,

If you ssh to server1 from server 2 are you asked for a password? Does it give an error?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

I didnt try that Dave, I will try.. .I was hoping this would work because I had setup the passwordless ssh from server2 to server1.
    Any reason why this should fail ?
    I put the public key on the box, is there a private key in ssh..if so which file is it.
    I have is_rsa.pub in the Install wizard box.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Sivagamasundari,

If you run:

yum install ambari-agent

on server2 and then configure /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini to point to server1.

Does the host still fail – if you choose ‘manual registration’?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)