FTP – FileZilla or WinCP

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Marco Chou 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

How can I upload files to Sandbox 1.3 using FTP clients like FileZilla or WinCP?
    Also, where do I put my jar for MapReduce job and the best place to put my input and output directories.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

• Author
    Replies

Marco Chou
    Participant

I would like to use FileZila to ftp files/directories between local file systems and HDFS. I use it on Cloudera and it’s very easy. However, I can’t connect to HDP. I tried different combination between host (127.0.0.1, etc.) and port (22, 2222, etc.). I even installed an configured sftp. It’s not very user friendly. Any suggestions?

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Marco,
    What exactly are you trying to do? What virtual machine application are you using?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Marco Chou
    Participant

Recently I use HDP 2.2 and FileZilla 3.10.3 to establish connection for file transfer. I got “Network Error: Connection Refused” when I enter host: 127.0.0.1 ID: root PW: hadoop Port: 22 or 2222

Any suggestions?

Collapse

Dave

Hi Wadwood,

You can configure SFTP on port 2222 using the root user and password hadoop.
    Input / Output directories are wherever you want to specify them. You will need to put the MR jar where you want to call it from, unless you have not specified absolute paths in your code – then you would need to put it relative to how you have written it.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.