Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ganglia & Ambari

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tunde Balint

After installing HDP 1.2, I noticed that I can access ganglia without a password by going to :80/ganglia
    I set the ganglia password by creating a file /etc/httpd/conf.d/ganglia.conf and then creating a user in htpasswd. Now when I want to access ganglia then I need to insert a password. The problem is that now my graphs only appear in Ambari, if I have a session open to Ganglia in the same browser. If I already logged in to ganglia, then I can see all the graphs for the services and hosts in Ambari, but on the dashboard of Ambari for the cluster metrics (i.e. network usage, cluster load, CPU and Memory usage) I get ” No data. Possible reason include inaccessible Ganglia service”. Is there a way to provide/set the ganglia password in a javascript file or somewhere when accessing the dashboard? Howcome the graphs on the Service and Hosts pages work, but not on the dashboard?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert
    Participant

Hi Member,
    To address your issue, It would probably be best to start on a new thread so other community members can comment and provide feedback on your question.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

I have not modified any configuration or property settings when installing sandbox 1.3 virtual machine at my local machine windows7.

Collapse

“I have installed Hortonworks sandbox 1.3 virtual machine +RC6 at my windows7 64 bit machine.
    All services are running fine after start of Ambari . I followed HDP guide to follow complete instructions to install and configure this virtual machine at my local.

Problem is that I am not getting any metrics visible under any of the services like HDFS, MapReduce, HBase etc on dashboard. It’s saying that “No Data, There was no data available. Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia service.” I have checked that ganglia is also running perfectly and I can see the metrics for any of the service through ganglia browser but not on ambari dashboard though ambari is using ganglia internally.

Please help me on this.

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Tunde,

It is a great feature you are visioning. I will create a request to add this feature into our future release.

Thanks
    Larry

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)