Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ganglia configuration in Ambari

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I have installed Ambari using HDP1.3 release docs and selected Ganglia service to install on single node at my local centOS virtual machine. In other words I am using single node cluster at my local virtual machine which hosts gmetad and gmonds both on single node. This is working perfectly and showing the metrics on Ambari UI and ganglia web UI.

I have a question here how do connect my Ambari running on my local centOS virtual machine to ganglia gmonds which are running on different nodes in different cluster. I am currently running ganglia which is shipped with Ambari on single node cluster as of now but I need to integrate my local ambari ganglia with remote gmonds running on different nodes.
    How will I do this? What are the steps?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

As I just sated in other thread, this is unsupported configuration.
    Could you pelase stop[ posting same question in multiple threads at the same time?
    Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

I am already running gmonds on those 5 remote nodes through ganglia and there is 1 master node running gmetad.
    Currently I am monitoring 5 remote nodes through 1 master node running gmetad through ganglia(3.1.7-3) web UI successfully. I have rpm’s installed on all 6 nodes where 5 nodes r running gmonds and 1 master node running gmetad

So now my requirement is to monitor those 5 remote hosts through my Ambari(this is setup using HDP1.3 and running on my single node cluster local CentOS virtual machine). Since I already have ganglia(3.1.7-3) running on remote node , Is there any way that I can configure Ambari to remote ganglia or what is the best course of action. I think I will also have to install ambari-agent and running on those 5 nodes. How will I put HDP related configuration there? Is it mandatory for Ambari?
    But I want to monitor those 5 gmond nodes through my local virtual CentOS machine running HDP1.3 Ambari’s Ganglia .

Collapse

Sasha J

In other words, you want to add non-Ambari managed nodes to Ganglia managed by Ambari?
    This is not supported configuration, but you can try to make it working by installing Ganaglia on all your remote nodes and put HDP related configuration on there.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)