Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Ganglia metrics not visible on Ambari dashboard

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Abhishek Aggarwal 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

“I have installed Hortonworks sandbox 1.3 virtual machine +RC6 at my windows7 64 bit machine.
    All services are running fine after start of Ambari . I followed HDP guide to follow complete instructions to install and configure this virtual machine at my local.

Problem is that I am not getting any metrics visible under any of the services like HDFS, MapReduce, HBase etc on dashboard. It’s saying that “No Data, There was no data available. Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia service.” I have checked that ganglia is also running perfectly and I can see the metrics for any of the service through ganglia browser but not on ambari dashboard though ambari is using ganglia internally.

Please help me on this.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

After re-start same problem . I am not seeing any metrics of any service on Ambari dashboard UI.
    Is there any time lag that it reflects?

Collapse

suaroman
    Participant

Using the same configuration.
    When trying to use Ambari I see the following:
    1. From Dashboard tab, I see cluster metrics
    2. Under Services tab when I click HDFS, MapReduce, or HBase, the metric data shows:

No Data There was no data available. Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia service.

..for all of the services mentioned above.

I’ve rebooted and still the same thing :(

If I go to http://sandbox/ganglia/ , data graphs appears to display so it seems like a problem with Ambari. (just guessing)

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated. ,

Collapse

Try to restart VM. Ambari and ganglia should start on boot, thus metrics should be seen on ambari dashboard.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)