Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ganglia Monitor Install failed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

I am trying to install 7 node hdp cluster and my installation failed throwing the below error from the 6 nodes in the cluster…

——
    17:17:38,521 ERROR ServiceComponentHostImpl:721 – Can’t handle ServiceComponentHostEvent event at current state, serviceComponentName=GANGLIA_MONITOR, hostName=qatstvm4.sensage.com, currentState=INSTALL_FAILED, eventType=HOST_SVCCOMP_OP_IN_PROGRESS, event=EventType: HOST_SVCCOMP_OP_IN_PROGRESS
    17:17:38,523 WARN HeartBeatHandler:233 – State machine exception
    org.apache.ambari.server.state.fsm.InvalidStateTransitionException: Invalid event: HOST_SVCCOMP_OP_IN_PROGRESS at INSTALL_FAILED
    ——–

I am not sure if it can be figured out just looking at the error about what might have gone wrong here but if you need ambari-server log and agent logs then I can upload them to some ftp location.
    please let me know.

thanks
    yug

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Yugandhar,

You are correct, it is difficult to figure out what went wrong from just the error message. You can help us out by following the instructions at this post: http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you/

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)