Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Getting a 404 after install

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jim Whiteman 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jim Whiteman
    Participant

Hi there –

Just installed HDP 1.3 on a single VM; we’re working on a proof of concept at the moment – not anything that will go to production.

After running the installer and going to port 8080 I get a 404;

HTTP ERROR: 404

Problem accessing /notify-Notify-Uncategorized. Reason:

Not Found
    Powered by Jetty://

I couldn’t see anything in the logs that suggested an error or an exception.

Any ideas on where to start?

Thanks -

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jim Whiteman
    Participant

So this error has returned; this time it doesn’t seem to matter what browser I use.

Oddly enough, other members of my team can still access the login screen.

I was in initially, and then ultimately couldn’t get back. Here are the steps I took:

#1. I logged in
    #2. I gave a name to the cluster
    #3. I chose HDP 1.3
    #4. I entered a single host along with a private key
    #5. I went to the next step to confirm the host, but it failed.
    #6. I pressed the back button all the way to the beginning.
    #7. I logged out.

After that point, whenever I tried to go back, I got the 404. Even if I delete all cookies or tmp files, or even use a different browser, it doesn’t seem to matter.
    Perhaps there is some state being saved in the DB that is pegged to my IP? Maybe my actions broke the state machine that the wizard was using and it’s
    trying to forward me to something that’s breaking it?

Thanks –
    Jim

Collapse

Jim Whiteman
    Participant

The version most of us were using was IE 8.

Oddly enough, some people on my team say they are successful logging in with IE 8 and still others can’t login with Chrome – they still get the 404.
    Maybe they are running into caching issues with their browsers or perhaps are mistaken about the version numbers they are using.

We’ll continue forward. If we run into more errors that seem to be related, we will post them here.

Thanks again –
    Jim

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Thanks Jim for letting us know this is resolved. But I think Ambari-server support IE 9 and higher. Could you please confirm which version of IE you were using?

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Jim Whiteman
    Participant

Hi Kenny –

Thanks for the clarification. I was able to curl from the host I was having trouble with. Everything looked as it should have.

It’s a little embarrassing to say, but I think this issue was because we were trying to access the Ambari server with IE (it’s mandatory that we do our work on provided WIndows laptops, but that’s another story). When using Chrome we had no problems accessing the login screen.

I’d consider this issue resolved at this point.

Thanks for your patience –
    Jim

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi Jim,

This is expected. I guess you haven’t login to the Ambari WebUI once yet due to this issue, so you are not able to setup the cluster. Then the blank item filed is expected. The purpose to run the curl command from ambari-server host is to test whether ambari-server is up and running correctly. From the output result, you are able to access ambari-server at port 8080 from the localhost.

So could you please run the exact same command from the host that you encounter the issue?
    If it returns different result, please make sure you can telnet the port 8080 from this host.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Jim Whiteman
    Participant

Hi Kenny –

Verified that the commands you listed were run; here is the output from the curl.

[root@ambari ~]# curl -u admin:admin http://ambari.local:8080/api/v1/clusters/
    {
    “href” : “http://ambari.local:8080/api/v1/clusters/”,
    “items” : [ ]
    }

We’re trying to install everything on a single VM, just as a POC. Looks like the clusters array is completely empty. I’d guess it should have 1 item in there. Did I miss a configuration step perhaps?

Thanks
    Jim

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi Jim,

Could you please confirm you have run the following commands first?
    # ambari-server setup
    # ambari-server start

If yes, can you issue the below command from the ambari-server host and share the output with us?

# curl -u admin:admin http://<ambari-server hostname>:8080/api/v1/clusters/

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Jim Whiteman
    Participant

Hi Jeff –

> yum info ambari-serverInstalled Packages
    Name : ambari-server
    Arch : noarch
    Version : 1.4.1.61
    Release : 1
    Size : 59 M
    Repo : installed
    From repo : Updates-ambari-1.4.1.61
    Summary : Ambari Server
    License : 2012, Apache Software Foundation
    Description : Maven Recipe: RPM Package.

> operating system + version
    CentOS release 6.4 (Final)

Thanks!

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Hi,

What version of Ambari are you using? “yum info ambari-server” or “ambari-server –version”? And your operating system + version?

Thanks.

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)