Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Gmond unable to create tcp_accept_channel

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

finance turd

I’ve installed using Ambari on a single-node VM with all services running except for ganglia monitoring (gmond). Gmeta is running and reports unable to connect in /var/log/messages as follows:
    Jun 7 13:41:44 bumblebee /usr/sbin/gmetad[2043]: data_thread() for [my cluster] failed to contact node 127.0.0.1
    Jun 7 13:41:44 bumblebee /usr/sbin/gmetad[2043]: data_thread() got no answer from any [my cluster] datasource

Jun 7 13:40:19 bumblebee /usr/sbin/gmond[30538]: Unable to create tcp_accept_channel. Exiting.#012

I have tried this install several times and keep getting the same error. With some debugging, I found the command that starts gmond: /usr/libexec/hdp/ganglia/startGmond.sh

I then pulled out the actual command it’s executing:
    /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.pid

It does seem that the gmond process itself cannot start with the given configurations. I have not changed the Ganglia configurations at all following setup and can attach them if that would help… they are long, though.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Finance,

Thanks for trying out HDP and Ambari. The problem may lie in the unfortunate fact that when Ganglia is installed it installs its own startup script in /etc/init.d, which causes it to launch a process of it’s own before Ambari launches the process it wants to. The fix for this is to:
    1) pkill -f gmond
    2) pkill -f gmetad
    3) chkconfig gmetad off
    4) go to Ambari services page and start Ganglia

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)