Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Hadoop 1.3 on Windows installation – Name node not starting up

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Xu 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,

I was trying to install recently launched hdp-1.3.0.0-GA on windows 2012, one box installation. The installation was successful however I was unable to start the name node service. Following are the errors:
    2013-08-14 07:07:08,419 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Storage directory C:\hdp_data\hdfs\nn does not exist
    2013-08-14 07:07:08,419 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem initialization failed.
    org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.InconsistentFSStateException: Directory C:\hdp_data\hdfs\nn is in an inconsistent state: storage directory does not exist or is not accessible.

I manually tried creating the folder nn under the path but that did not help. The error I then received while trying to startup namenode service is that namenode needs to be formatted. I even tried that but it did not help.

Am I missing something grossly?

Thanks
    Soumik

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Eric Xu

any advice?

Collapse

Eric Xu

here is my log:

2013-08-19 17:14:46,489 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:hadoop cause:java.io.IOException: File /mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    2013-08-19 17:14:46,489 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server handler 4 on 8020, call addBlock(/mapred/system/jobtracker.info, DFSClient_NONMAPREDUCE_-1139472107_1, null) from 169.254.152.82:49656: error: java.io.IOException: File /mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    java.io.IOException: File /mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1981)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:826)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:587)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1456)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1452)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1233)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1450)

Collapse

Eric Xu

I formatted the namenode successfully.
    But when I start the service, the master and regionserver still cannot be opened.

Any advise?

Collapse

Okay figured out the solution. Format your namenode (Hadoop namenode -format) and while doing so make sure there is no folder called “nn” (do not create this manually, format will take care of it). Not sure why this behaves like this, but certainly it does the trick.

Collapse

Eric Xu

exactly!!!!
    the same situation!!!
    is anyone willing to help??

Collapse

Hi..
    Any body has a resolution to this issue? is this a bug or error in configuration?

Collapse

I have the same exact error on a Windows 2012 single node installation. I’ve done the install a couple times with the same error.

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)