Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Hadoop 2 Errors during install

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  IngEnsi 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mike Kogan
    Participant

I was trying to perform a multi-node install with the following settings: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=262wdad&s=8#.UvO3M_ldUnR

It installed successfully but see the following errors in the log:

HADOOP-CMD FAILURE: e-client-hs-plugins-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.jar;c:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009-tests.jar;c:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.jar;c:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-client-shuffle-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.jar;c:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.jar
    STARTUP_MSG: build = git@github.com:hortonworks/hadoop-monarch.git -r b845729d6990bc11889a5bdefaf6d2221ef9e6d1; compiled by ‘jenkins’ on 2013-12-21T02:17Z
    STARTUP_MSG: java = 1.6.0_31
    ************************************************************/
    14/02/05 18:04:21 ERROR common.Util: Syntax error in URI c:\hdpdata\hdfs\nn. Please check hdfs configuration.
    java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 2: c:\hdpdata\hdfs\nn
    at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2810)
    at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:2983)
    at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3020)
    at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:577)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util.stringAsURI(Util.java:48)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util.stringCollectionAsURIs(Util.java:98)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getStorageDirs(FSNamesystem.java:1119)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getNamespaceDirs(FSNamesystem.java:1074)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.format(NameNode.java:813)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1213)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1320)
    HADOOP-CMD FAILURE: 14/02/05 18:04:21 WARN common.Util: Path c:\hdpdata\hdfs\nn should be specified as a URI in configuration files. Please update hdfs configuration.
    14/02/05 18:04:21 ERROR common.Util: Syntax error in URI c:\hdpdata\hdfs\nn. Please check hdfs configuration.
    java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 2: c:\hdpdata\hdfs\nn
    at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2810)
    at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:2983)
    at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3020)
    at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:577)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util.stringAsURI(Util.java:48)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util.stringCollectionAsURIs(Util.java:98)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getStorageDirs(FSNamesystem.java:1119)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getNamespaceEditsDirs(FSNamesystem.java:1164)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getNamespaceEditsDirs(FSNamesystem.java:1133)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.format(NameNode.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

IngEnsi
    Participant

Hi ,
    I had the same problem with HDP 2.0 , I used the solution proposed by David, I changed the path from “c:/hdp/hdfs/nn” to “file:///c:/hdp/hdfs/nn” and it works perfectly.
    thanks David !!

Collapse

David Vance
    Participant

Had the same error with HDP 2.0 on Windws 2008 R2 64-bit.

Try adjusting the hdfs-site.xml config file. It contains 4 nodes (dfs.namenode.name.dir, dfs.datanode.data.dir, dfs.namenode.checkpoint.dir, dfs.namenode.checkpoint.edits.dir) that are likely set to a drive instead of a file. For example,

<name>dfs.namenode.name.dir</name>
    <value>c:/hdpdata/hdfs/nn</value>

should be changed to:

<name>dfs.namenode.name.dir</name>
    <value>file:///c:/hdpdata/hdfs/nn</value>

Good luck!

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Can you please provide NameNode log and your hdfs-site.xml. Looks like the system cannot parse some configuration. FTP details are below:

https://swft.exavault.com/login

username: dropoff
    password: horton

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Wael Elimam
    Participant

Any solutions for this problem?

Collapse

Ricardo Colon
    Participant

I’m getting the same error.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attempted to install HDP 2.0 on Windws 2008 R2 64-bit.
    Following the instructions in the documentation for installed python, java, c++ redistributable, and .NET 4.0.

Collapse

Mike Kogan
    Participant

I did not use the configuration file. You can look at the picture to see which properties I had: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=262wdad&s=8#.UvO3M_ldUnR

But here is the configuration file that has all the values that i used on the GUI:
    #Log directory
    HDP_LOG_DIR=c:\hadoop\logs

#Data directory
    HDP_DATA_DIR=c:\hdpdata

#hosts
    NAMENODE_HOST=hadoop3
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=hadoop3
    RESOURCEMANAGER_HOST=hadoop3
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=hadoop3
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=hadoop3
    WEBHCAT_HOST=hadoop3
    SLAVE_HOSTS=hadoop1,hadoop2
    CLIENT_HOSTS=
    HBASE_MASTER=
    HBASE_REGIONSERVERS=
    ZOOKEEPER_HOSTS=
    FLUME_HOSTS=

#Database host
    DB_FLAVOR=MSSQL
    DB_HOSTNAME=p-dv-dsk-mkog.kcura.corp
    DB_PORT=1433

#Hive properties
    HIVE_DB_NAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_USERNAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_PASSWORD=xxxx

#Oozie properties
    OOZIE_DB_NAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_USERNAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD=xxxx

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Mike,
    Can you post your configuration file?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)