Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation hadoop Can not start

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Z Cq 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Z Cq

my hadoop Can not start. help!
    /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/start-all.sh
    starting namenode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/root/hadoop-root-namenode-master.out
    Failed to connect to db jdbc:postgresql://master/ambarirca as user mapred password mapred and driver org.postgresql.Driver with java.io.IOException: Can’t connect to database jdbc:postgresql://master/ambarirca
    at org.apache.ambari.log4j.common.store.DatabaseStore.(DatabaseStore.java:55)
    at org.apache.ambari.log4j.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryAppender.activateOptions(JobHistoryAppender.java:116)
    at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:257)
    at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:133)
    at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:97)
    at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:689)
    at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:647)
    at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCatsAndRenderers(PropertyConfigurator.java:568)
    at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:442)
    master: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-master.out

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Z Cq

Hi ted,
    When i Install Ambari-server, can’t start DataNode.so i run then start-all.sh.
    Now,I AM find the error is host name.the name is ‘master’ can’t start DataNodeļ¼ŒBut ‘Master’ is ok

Thanks,
    Z.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Z,

It looks like you need to start Ambari-server prior to running the start-all.sh script. And if this is an ambari installed cluster is there a reason you are not using ambari to start up hadoop?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)