Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Hadoop-common-2.2.0 cannot find PlatformName

Xiandong Su

I am trying to have a simple java client to connect to HBase in HDP 2.0. I am using maven to manage my dependencies and using the same version for the jars as HDP 2.0 specified:

I am getting the NoClassDefFoundError which is strange. It is used inside hadoop-common-2.2.0.jar which is brought in by hadoop-client. I would assume whatever jar that contains this class should have been a dependency of hadoop-common-2.2.0. But that seems not be the case here.

Has anyone on the forum using the same version running into this issue?

p.s. here is the full exception trace:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getOSLoginModuleName(UserGroupInformation.java:303)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.(UserGroupInformation.java:348)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Methods.call(Methods.java:39)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.call(User.java:414)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.callStatic(User.java:404)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.access$200(User.java:48)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User$SecureHadoopUser.(User.java:221)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User$SecureHadoopUser.(User.java:216)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.getCurrent(User.java:139)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionKey.(HConnectionKey.java:67)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:240)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.(HBaseAdmin.java:182)
    at net.ahm.careengine.activemeasure.ActiveMeasureHBasePersister.createTable(ActiveMeasureHBasePersister.java:37)

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

I am having the same problem when calling the Sqoop ImportTool from Java.
    Did you ever figure out why we are getting this PlatformName error?

Finally got past the PlatformName error.
    You need to include hadoop-auth- in your classpath.

The topic ‘Hadoop-common-2.2.0 cannot find PlatformName’ is closed to new replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.