Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation hadoop-env.sh and hbase-env.sh

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jerry Lam 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Laurentiu

The JAVA_HOME variable hadoop-env.sh and hbase-env.sh for some of the nodes in my cluster install does not get set correctly. I am not using the service allocation offered by the install process. I am trying to customize the “master services” allocations during my setup.

When would a new release hmc / installer would be available ?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jerry Lam

The documentation needs to be updated. The below doesn’t work.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDP2Alpha/index.htm#Deploying_Hortonworks_Data_Platform/rpminstall/rpm_getting_ready/rpm_getting_ready.htm

Install the Hadoop RPMs

From a terminal window, type:
    yum -y install hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-libhdfs.i386 mysql-connector-java hadoop-native hadoop-native.i386 hadoop-pipes hadoop-pipes.i386 hadoop-sbin.i386 openssl openssl.i686

Collapse

Jerry Lam

Those are the package successfully installed:

[root@hadoop04 ~]# rpm -qa | grep hadoop
    hadoop-hdfs-2.0.2.1-1.el6.x86_64
    hadoop-lzo-0.5.0-1.x86_64
    hadoop-libhdfs-2.0.2.1-1.el6.x86_64
    hadoop-lzo-native-0.5.0-1.x86_64
    hadoop-2.0.2.1-1.el6.x86_64
    [root@hadoop04 ~]#

Collapse

Jerry Lam

Hi Jeff:

I’m trying out the manual mode as I don’t want to mess with the installer if it doesn’t work.
    I follow the instructions thoroughly. At one point, I need to “yum install hadoop-sbin.i386″, there is no package for it. Do you know why?

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

We are working an issue that when you modify the default recommended master layout, configs do not get pushed to all nodes during install (i.e. you see some property values not set). That will result in services on those nodes to not function.

We will correct this issue in our next update to HDP 2.0 Alpha.

Collapse

Jerry Lam

I have the same problem. I have 6 nodes. The nodes that take the responsibility as datanodes have JAVA_HOME set to undefined. It seems the installer doesn’t work well. It didn’t propagate the configuration to the datanodes. Anyone is working on this?

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)