Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

lou82
    Participant

Just looking to see if anyone has set up HA on Centos servers. Seems like a pretty large task in that it wants the name nodes to be in RHEL Cluster – any comments?

Also – anyone using bonded NICS in their hadoop cluster?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Lou,

It really depends on your environment. You can have a backup server for everything and this is fine if you intend on bringing the unavailable primary back up.
    Usually 1 server for both is fine as long as you do not intend to use it for an extended period of time (as it will run low on resource)

As for the bonded NICs, I can’t comment as I’m not a network guy, but for anything which relies heavily on network and connectivity, I would recommend to use a Physical NIC.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

lou82
    Participant

Oh Ok so with the 2.0 you can just use that HA set up process. Do you need to have a backup server for the namenode and a server for the secondarynamenode or can I have one server for both?

Anything special with the bonded NICs? Is that a better performance? I did read sometimes it can have the opposite effect and cause bottle necks.

I appreciate the feedback
    thanks

Collapse

Dave

Hi Lou,

Currently HDP 1.3.2 supports HA in RHEL or VMWare cluster.

HDP 2.0 has HA of it’s own, which you can try out using the Beta version:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.5.0/bk_system-admin-guide/content/ch_hadoop-ha.html

I have seen bonded NICS used in environments before and they should not cause any issues.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)