Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation hadoop installation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

akbar shaik

Hi,
    I am using hdp1.2 , it is having hadoop 1.1.2.1. but i need to have hadoop 1.0.4 version. please help me on this how to achieve this.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Akbar,

This is not an easy task, and the path to such a downgrade would be fraught with the possibility of error. It is not recommended. I also believe that it is not necessary as any MapReduce code you write for 1.1.2 will most likely run on 1.0.4 and vice versa. The main differences between these version of hadoop are bug fixes. The easiest method of getting a hadoop 1.04 installation would be to follow our manual install instructions on a single node.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

akbar shaik

Hi Ted,
    Because the team already started to working in 1.0.4 version, so i want sync up with them.

Thanks
    Akbar

Collapse

tedr

HI Akbar,

I am curious to know why you require hadoop 1.0.4?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

akbar shaik

Thanks Ted, could you please let me know steps . how to install hadoop1.0.4 in hdp 1.2 sandbox

Collapse

tedr

Hi Akbar,

The HDP release that has the closest version to hadoop 1.0.4 is HDP 1.1 which has Hadoop 1.0.3. to get Hadoop 1.0.4 you’ll need to manually install hadoop from the rpms or tar balls at http://hadoop.apache.org

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)