Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation hadoop – Map reduce on multiple cluster

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sorna Lingam 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sorna Lingam

I have configured Hadoop cluster . And im having two machines DEV140 and DEV144 When i run the mapreduce program using the following code

hadoop jar /HDP/hadoop-1.2.0.1.3.0.0-0380/contrib/streaming/hadoop-streaming-1.2.0.1.3.0.0-0380.jar -mapper “python C:\Python33\mapper.py” -reducer “python C:\Python33\redu.py” -input “/user/sornalingam/input/input.txt” -output “/user/sornalingam/output/out20131112_09″

where : mapper – C:\Python33\mapper.py and reducer C:\Python33\redu.py is in DEV144’s local disk

The Mapreduce job is performed only in machine DEV144 but not in DEV140 I have sufred for it But i could not find any resource. Kindly help me soon

How can i run the mapreduce to use both machines that is in multiple clusters

for more detail refer this link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19928671/hadoop-map-reduce-on-multiple-cluster

Thanks

Sornalingam

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sorna Lingam

Hi Seth Lyubich

i traced down the error log and found this

In machine DEV140 : python: can’t open file ‘C:\Python33\mapper.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Im getting this error log

Actually im having my Map and reduce program in my DEV144 : machine local drive

Now how can i resolve

1 .Do i need to have my map and reduce program in all the cluster ?
    2 . How can i solve this ?

Thanks,
    Sornalingam

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Sorna,

I believe this was addressed on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19928671/hadoop-map-reduce-on-multiple-cluster . In addition JobTracker will manage where the task is being processed. If both TaskTrackers are up and configured with slots the tasks might get scheduled based on data locacality.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)