Hive / HCatalog Forum

HBase bulk import through Hive in HDP 2.0

Trying to do HBase bulk import following

I updated versions/conf properties to make it work with HDP2, but finally I’m stuck with a NPE in reducers of the final MR job. I tracked it down to Hadoop23Shims and put a detailed comment on what’s happening in HIVE-4216 which describes the same issue.

We’re using Sandbox 2.0 and HDP 2.0. Is it possible to find Hive 0.12 sources used to create Sandbox/HDP distro to patch it, verify the fix and use it as a temporary solution until the fix is included in next version of HDP?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

Hi Andrey,

Have you tried to use Pig and HBase as a workaround? If the table is stored in HCatalog, it will be accessible through Pig. As far as patching, What you are suggesting may be possible but it is not supported.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.