Home Forums HBase HBase coprocessors do not work in sandbox

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

We have few custom coprocessors and I am trying to run those in HBase. I have copied the relevant jar file (name: custom_ex.jar) with the coprocessor classes in to the /usr/lib/hbase/lib folder and also edited the hbase-site.xml with the coprocessor classes

hbase.coprocessor.region.classes com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.processor.RowCountEndpoint,com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.processor.EntryProcessorEndpoint,com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.aggregator.AggregateEndpoint

Re-started everything and then I can see that ads.jar file is in the hbase classpath. (by looking in to hbase-hbase-regionserver-sandbox.log)

environment:java.class.path=/etc/hbase/conf:/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_31/lib/tools.jar:/usr/lib/hbase/bin/..:/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../hbase-0.94.6.1.3.0.0-107-security.jar:/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../hbase-0.94.6.1.3.0.0-107-security-tests.jar:/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../lib/activation-1.1.jar:/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../lib/custom_ex.jar:/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../lib/asm-3.1.jar:/usr/lib/hbase/bin/

However, later in the logs I can see

2013-08-22 04:27:14,276 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost: Class com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.processor.RowCountEndpoint cannot be found. com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.processor.RowCountEndpoint
    2013-08-22 04:27:14,276 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost: Class com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.processor.EntryProcessorEndpoint cannot be found. com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.processor.EntryProcessorEndpoint
    2013-08-22 04:27:14,276 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost: Class com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.aggregator.AggregateEndpoint cannot be found. com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.aggregator.AggregateEndpoint

also exception was thrown when trying to run the coprocessor in HBase using an Java client

2013-08-22 04:29:08,945 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer:
    org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$UnknownProtocolException: No matching handler for protocol com.olf.ads.provider.hbase.processor.RowCountProtocol in region HBase_TestDataGridCacheBasics,,1377170947638.2394412b5ea122cf33f2311ec67235c2.
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.exec(HRegion.java:5464)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execCoprocessor(HRegionServer.java:3850)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:340)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1426)

The custom_ex.jar file has the correct classes in it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert
    Participant

Hi Dasun,
    Thanks for the feedback, glad it all worked out for you.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Thanks for the link Robert.

By the way the issue was with the permission on my custom_ex.jar. Permission had to be set as chmod 644

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Dasun,
    Have you followed the instructions here:
    https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction in the coprocessor deployment section?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)