The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HBase Forum

Hbase Installation

I have a problem HBase

When i install the Hbase and I launch hbase shell after I type status I get the following message:
    hbase(main):001:0> status
    SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
    13/09/03 12:10:09 ERROR client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value configured in ‘zookeeper.znode.parent’. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.
    13/09/03 12:10:11 ERROR client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value configured in ‘zookeeper.znode.parent’. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.
    13/09/03 12:10:12 ERROR client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value configured in ‘zookeeper.znode.parent’. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.
    13/09/03 12:10:14 ERROR client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value configured in ‘zookeeper.znode.parent’. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.
    13/09/03 12:10:16 ERROR client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value configured in ‘zookeeper.znode.parent’. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.
    13/09/03 12:10:20 ERROR client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value configured in ‘zookeeper.znode.parent’. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.
    13/09/03 12:10:24 ERROR client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value configured in ‘zookeeper.znode.parent’. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times

Here is some help for this command:
    Show cluster status. Can be ‘summary’, ‘simple’, or ‘detailed’. The
    default is ‘summary’. Examples:

Please tell me How can I solve the problem
    Thank you

• Author
    Replies
    Robert
    Participant

Hi Yannick,
    Did you install via ambari or manual install? Also, how many nodes is your cluster? Also is zookeeper running?

Regards,
    Robert

I install via Ambari. I have 6 nodes in cluster

abdelrahman

Hi Yannick,

Find out the correct zookeeper.znode.parent for the HBase-site.xml and change it to the following:

zookeeper.znode.parent
    /hbase-unsecure

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    -Abdelrahman

Srini Rao

I have a similar problem with Ambari based install of HDP 2.0 on Centos 6.5, using a cluster of 2 nodes. Here is the log (stdout) from HBase Check execute task. All services in the install process prior to this completed successfully.

notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/File[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/content: content changed ‘{md5}621bf705ffc3f2421163fd34edce8120’ to ‘{md5}71517cc701636cf3648727488b590a12’
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns: 13/12/06 14:02:40 INFO Configuration.deprecation: hadoop.native.lib is deprecated. Instead, use io.native.lib.available
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns: SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns: SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns: SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns: SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns:
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns: ERROR: Failed to create local dir /hadoop/hbase/local/jars, DynamicClassLoader failed to init
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns:
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hbase::Hbase::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hbase-smoke.sh]/returns: Here is some help for this command:

Appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks
    Srini

Have you done this setting in your machine?

add the HBase binary directory to your command-line path. For
    example:
    % export HBASE_HOME=/home/hbase/hbase-x.y.z
    % export PATH=$PATH:$HBASE_HOME/bin

The forum ‘HBase’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.