Home Forums Pig HBase Storage with HDP 2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kishore Kumar Suthar 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Aaron Zimmerman
    Participant

When I try to load data from hbase using pig (via HDP 2.0), I get an error:
    Backend error : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.TableSplit not found

I cannot find this class as part of the latest hbase artifacts published by hortonworks, 0.96.0.2.0.6.0-76-hadoop2. Has this class been removed?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

These all jar files are in your hive installation package.In your hive directory , go to the lib directory where you get all the .jar files.which you have to copy all that .jar files into hadoop/lib.

Collapse

Aaron Zimmerman
    Participant

Kishore,
    Thanks for the response. I’ve not done that, are you referencing some documentation somewhere? Would I need to do this on all nodes in the cluster? I would have expected the classpaths and lib directories to be handled by Ambari, is this not the case?

I dont see any hbase jars under /usr/lib/hive, but I do see a bunch under /usr/lib/hbase. But there doesn’t seem to be an “hbase-{version}” jar, just a bunch of hbase-{something} jars:

hbase-client-0.96.0.2.0.6.0-76-hadoop2.jar
    hbase-common-0.96.0.2.0.6.0-76-hadoop2.jar

etc.

This is the same problem with a client application. Previoulsly, working with native apache hbase .94, there was an “hbase-0.94.x” maven artifact that I could add to the project, allowing me to create a subclass of Table Input Format. But it seems like this “hbase” artifact no longer exists, just a bunch of hbase-xxxxx libraries.

Collapse

Hi Aaron

Have you done this setting in machine?
    1) COPY THESE FILES TO THE HADOOP LIBRARY.

sudo cp /usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-common-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/
    sudo cp /usr/lib/hive/lib/hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0.jar /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/
    sudo cp /usr/lib/hive/lib/hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0.jar /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/

2)CLOSE HBASE AND HADOOP USING FOLLOWING COMMOND
    /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/stop-all.sh
    /usr/lib/hbase/bin/stop-hbase.sh

3) RESTART HBASE AND HADOOP USING COMMOND
    /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/start-all.sh
    /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/start-hbase.sh

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)