Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Hcatalog and Hive smoke test failed using HDP2.0 for windows

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Diane Lai 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Diane Lai
    Participant

I recently installed HDP2.0 for windows. The installation was successful and when I tried to run the smoketest as a user of hadoop, two service failed which are Hcatalog and Hive. The error message shown below:

FAILED:Authorization failed:java.security.AccessControlException: action WRITE not permitted on path hdfs://WINDOWS2012:8020/ for user hadoop. Use show grant to get more details. Run-HiveSmokeTest : Hive Smoke Test: FAILED At line:1 char:1 + Run-HiveSmokeTest + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Run-HiveSmokeTest

FAILED: AuthorizationException java.security.AccessControlException: action WRITE not permitted on path hdfs://WINDOWS2012:8020/ for user hadoop Run-HCatalogSmokeTest : HCatalog Smoke Test: FAILED At line:1 char:1 + Run-HCatalogSmokeTest + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Run HCatalogSmokeTest

However, when I run smoketest as a user of administrator, Hcatalog and Hive smoketest will pass the tests but hadoop and pig smoketests will fail. I am thinking it may something related to permission, but I am not sure. Could anybody help me? Thank you very much!!

PS: I meet a strange thing. When I run the smoketest and made the output to the command line interface, it just show the hadoop test result. However, when I run the smoketest and made the result to a output file, it will show all other services’ test result such as hive, pig…besides the hadoop test result.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.