Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox HDFS File Upload

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Archanaa Sankar 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am trying to upload a file to hdfs from java .I am getting below error message.

WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Not able to place enough replicas, still in need of 1 to reach 1
    Not able to place enough replicas
    2013-12-17 15:27:30,059 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:ShivaShankar cause:java.io.IOException: File /user/root/seren/abcde.q could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    2013-12-17 15:27:30,059 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server handler 8 on 8020, call addBlock(/user/root/seren/abcde.q, DFSClient_2096563590, [Lorg.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.DatanodeInfo;@60666a53) from 10.0.2.2:56021: error: java.io.IOException: File /user/root/seren/abcde.q could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    java.io.IOException: File /user/root/seren/abcde.q could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1983)
    can anyone help me with this.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi Dave,

If i do ssh and login as root i am able to copy the files.

I have included the below jars in My Java Program.

Hadoop-core.jar
    commons-configuration1.6 jar

Regards,
    Archanaa

Collapse

Dave

Hi Archanaa,

So if you SSH into the machine itself and upload a file to hdfs as the hdfs user it works correctly?
    Did you write the java program – are you including the correct JARs for the Linux HDP version?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Hi Dave,

My Datanode is up,I am able to do from putty and have issues only when i try to upload from java program which runs on a windows machine

Collapse

Dave

Hi Archanaa,

It looks like your datanode is offline – can you check for errors in your datanode logs in /var/log/hadoop/hdfs

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)