Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDFS superuser access

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mark Malter

I’m trying to run the sandbox tutorials and download the nyse and baseball data. I click ‘upload’, ‘files’, ‘select files’, then when I select my file to upload, nothing happens. Text box says “uploading to: /user/hue. I noticed on the example, the directory is /user/sandbox, but I don’t have a sandbox path. When I try to edit my path to /user/sandbox, I get the following error message: Cannot access: /user/sandbox. Note: you are a Hue admin but not a HDFS superuser (which is “hdfs”).
    Please advise.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Mark,

I’m glad you are all up and running now!

Cen – when you SSH as root you can just su to HDFS without a password – so I don’t really understand what you are asking. You can even change it if you need to.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Cen Yuhai

do you know the password of hdfs? I can not login by thd hdfs

Collapse

Mark Malter

Never mind. I saw some other posts about an ie10 problem. I’m using firefox now and it’s working fine.

Collapse

Mark Malter

I have hadoop checked off on all permissions for /user/hue. I’m using the ie10 browser.
    Thank you

Collapse

Dave

Hi Mark,

In the sandbox can you check the directory permissions on /user/hue ?

The file should be uploaded here by default (if you are logged in as hue) as this is your home HDFS directory.
    As the hue user is a HUE admin but it isn’t in the HDFS superuser (which is hdfs on the Linux system) then you are not permitted to do this. You can ssh into the sandbox and change it but you should be able to upload the file to /user/hue.

What browser are you using?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)