Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDFS test failed

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Wu Shixian 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Wu Shixian

Dear all,
    I am trying to install hmc in 3 nodes cluster with all services. During the deploy, HDFS test fails.
    the hmc.log said:
    [2012:11:05 03:43:18][INFO][PuppetInvoker][PuppetInvoker.php:336][waitForResults]: 0 out of 1 nodes have reported for txn 3-63-55
    [2012:11:05 03:43:23][INFO][PuppetInvoker][PuppetInvoker.php:336][waitForResults]: 0 out of 1 nodes have reported for txn 3-63-55
    [2012:11:05 03:43:28][INFO][PuppetInvoker][PuppetInvoker.php:336][waitForResults]: 1 out of 1 nodes have reported for txn 3-63-55
    [2012:11:05 03:43:29][INFO][PuppetInvoker][PuppetInvoker.php:237][createGenKickWaitResponse]: Response of genKickWait:
    Array
    (
    [result] => 0
    [error] =>
    [nokick] => Array
    (
    )

[failed] => Array
    (
    [0] => slave2.hadoop
    )

[success] => Array
    (
    )

[timedoutnodes] => Array
    (
    )

)

[2012:11:05 03:43:29][INFO][Service: HDFS (hortonworks)][Service.php:466][smoke]: Persisting puppet report for smoke testing HDFS
    [2012:11:05 03:43:30][ERROR][Service: HDFS (hortonworks)][Service.php:473][smoke]: Service smoke check failed with Array
    (
    [result] => 0
    [error] =>
    [nokick] => Array
    (
    )

[failed] => Array
    (
    [0] => slave2.hadoop
    )

[success] => Array
    (
    )

[timedoutnodes] => Array
    (
    )

)

[2012:11:05 03:43:30][INFO][OrchestratorDB][OrchestratorDB.php:610][persistTransaction]: persist: 3-63-55:FAILED:HDFS test:FAILED

And I have upload the system check file to the ftp named Doug.checkResult.txt. The check result shows that is one node puppet failed:
    Mon Nov 05 11:43:11 +0800 2012 /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Hdfs::Service_check/Hdp-hadoop::Exec-hadoop[hdfs::service_check::create_file]/Hdp::Exec[hadoop --config /etc/hadoop/conf fs -rm /tmp/ida8c00c01_date420512; hadoop fs -put /etc/passwd /tmp/ida8c00c01_date420512]/Exec[hadoop --config /etc/hadoop/conf fs -rm /tmp/ida8c00c01_date420512; hadoop fs -put /etc/passwd /tmp/ida8c00c01_date420512]/returns (err): change from notrun to 0 failed: hadoop –config /etc/hadoop/conf fs -rm /tmp/ida8c00c01_date420512; hadoop fs -put /etc/passwd /tmp/ida8c00c01_date420512 returned 255 instead of one of [0] at /etc/puppet/agent/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:255
    Can anyone help me ?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Wu Shixian

Jinsong:

I did not solve it directory. I have reinstall the system of my hmc server. And I have created a mirror server for installation. I find the poor bandwidth may cause some problem.

Wu

Collapse

Jinsong Yin

Wu Shixian:
    I came across the same error that MapReduce test error, and I want to know how did you work it out, thx.

Jinsong Yin

Collapse

tedr

Thanks for letting us know.

Collapse

Wu Shixian

Sasha & Ted,

Thank you very much for helping me with the cluster, I have already installed the cluster successfully.

Wu.

Collapse

Wu Shixian

Ted,
    Yes I have tried what Sasha suggested. NTP now is running on all nodes. and I have created a /usr/local/hdp for the mount point.
    I have reinstalled the cluster. And I found that the namespaceID on slave nodes is different to the one in master node. So I remove the directory /usr/local/hdp on all slave nodes. And reinstall. This time HDFS test is OK.But MapReduce test is failed.
    Can you tell me if I want to reinstall what I need to pay attention to?
    Wu.

Collapse

tedr

Wu,

Also make sure that when you get to the point in the install where you are asked which mount points to use, you uncheck the default mount point and put in at least one mount point in the textbox. There is a bug in the installer that chooses a device not a mount point for installation.

Ted.

Collapse

tedr

Wu,

Have you tried what Sasha suggested, the most important part of it would be to make sure that NTP is on on all computers in the cluster. If NTP is not enabled on all boxes it can look like one of them is taking too long and you’ll get a puppet kick timeout.

Ted.

Collapse

Wu Shixian

Hi Ted,
    My hostdetail.txt contents:
    master.hadoop
    slave2.hadoop
    slave3.hadoop

Collapse

tedr

Wu,

Also what is the content of the hostdetail.txt file?

Ted.

Collapse

Sasha J

Wu,

It looks like you need to do a few of things:
    1, Enable NTP on slave2 and slave3
    2, then execute the following on all nodes: ‘yum erase hmc puppet’
    3, then on the master node run: ‘yum install hmc’
    4, then also on the master node run: ‘service hmc start’
    and then point your browser at hmc on your master node with "http://<masternode>/hmc/html " and rerun the installation. Replace ‘<masternode>’ with the hostname or ip of your master node.

Thank you,
    Sasha.

Collapse

Sasha J

Wu,

We are analyzing your logs and will get back to you soon.

Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)