Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP 1.1 GA install failing

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jim Jernigan

I’m having a similar issue to others on the forum. My install fails with errors like:

WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from D:\Config\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped

where my target locations all contain drive identifiers.

Also,

HDP FAILURE: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST

where my HIVE server host and DB_Hostname are clearly the same FQDN.

I’m on Server 2012, and using the GA release. Java and Python both validate as installed, with no spaces in the paths. The most recent Beta installed OK on the same image.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jim

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Jim,

Thanks for letting me know in a separate email that you have solved your install problem by commenting out the db_hostname in the clusterproperties.txt file.

Thanks again,
    Ted.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jim,

The only thing that I’ve done when I get into this situation is to drop back to a bare metal install.

thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Jim Jernigan

Any updates or suggestions? I’ve been stuck now for a week trying to install the GA bits.

Collapse

Jim Jernigan

I have checked it occasionally, not every time. It has not show up in the list of installed apps. Each install ends with a modal box informing me of the installation failure.

I can demonstrate by Lync/Webex/Etc if you like.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jim,

Before you make the changes for a retry, do you check the remove software control panel to see if windows thinks hdp was intalled? If it has hdp for windows in the list, you mist run the uninstaller or it will cause the next try at uninstall to fail.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Jim Jernigan

Yes, after the beta test, I re-imaged all of the servers with clean builds. If there are any indications of previous installs, it’s because I’ve tried to install the GA about 10 times, trying different edits to the properties file. Nothing I’ve done has made the installer happy. Each time, I do go in and delete any directories left behind from previous installs.

Jim

Collapse

tedr

Hi JIm,

I am assuming that you uninstalled the beta before installing the GA, correct? The only bit I can see in the logs so far seems to indicate that there might have been a previous install. Will keep digging.

Thanks,
    Ted

Collapse

tedr

HI Jim,

Ok, thanks, I’ll give a look and see if I can see anything. Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Jim Jernigan

Originally I called it Install.zip, but in case that isn’t unique enough, I just posted it again as JimJernigan.zip.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jim,

Thanks for uploading the file, just need a bit more info, what did you name the file? though you can’t see them there are quite a few files on our ftp site.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Jim Jernigan

Thanks. I’ve posted a zip file with both install logs, my Clusterproperties.txt file and the install script that I use to launch the MSI.

Jim

Collapse

tedr

HI Jim,

Could you send you complete log and clusterproperties file to our FTP site so that we can look them over? The ftp site is: http://ftp.hortonworks.com username=dropoff password=horton.

Thanks,
    Ted

Collapse
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)