Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP 1.2.2 Fails

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

petri koski

Hello,

One thing I keep on thinking: Now I have reinstalled whole small test cluster for 4-5 times during the last 6 weeks (for different reasons .. Testing different setups, one HD failure etc.) and no matter how tightly I follow the guide, its the same result with Ambaris automatic installation: It fails. Of course I can Retry, and then everything might be Ok, I have quite fast nodes, fiber Optics Internet, and I just keep on bouncing my head with failing Ambaris automatic installation .. is this how commong among other users ? Usual it fails after 4 – 5 % “installing datanodes” or something else, but quite beginning anyway. Its strange.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Petri,

It is good to hear that you have it installed successfully and working fine now. Please don’t hesitate to ask any further questions you might have.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

petri koski

Larry: Time outs .. when I do Retry, everything goes fine. Now its working fine, but it was a headache.

Version 1.2.1 went to eternal loop installing everything again and again ..
    Progress bar kept itself in 33% but statustext informing current installation status changed normally doing installations all over again and again ..

But like I said now everything works nice. Wait until I start to use Thrift .. :)

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Petri,

What error message you got from UI? Is it failed on the same datanode? It doesn’t fail me. I use 4 VMs on my MAC.

Larry

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)