Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP 1.2.4 Installation Failing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

My HDP 1.2.4 Installation is Failing with the following errors:

stderr:
    none

stdout:
    notice: Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $conf_dir at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/init.pp:108 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $service_state at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/init.pp:221 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $service_state at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/service.pp:76 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $service_state at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/service.pp:85 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $configuration is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $mapred-site is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $tasktracker_port is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_url is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_driver is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_username is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_password is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    err: /Stage[1]/Hdp/Hdp::Lzo::Package[64]/Hdp::Package[lzo 64]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[lzo 64]/Package[lzo]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Execution of ‘/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install lzo’ returned 1: Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: HDP-1.2.1. Please verify its path and try again

err: /Stage[1]/Hdp/Hdp::Lzo::Package[64]/Hdp::Package[lzo 64]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[lzo 64]/Package[lzo-devel]/ensure: ch

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Shahzed,

The location was moved after the release and GA of HDP 1.3.X

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Thanks Dave,

it worked after I changed files: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/1.2.1/repos/repoinfo.xml for RedHat6

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/1.x/updates/1.2.1

to

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.2.0-1/centos6/1.x/updates/1.2.1

could you let me know if this is a documentation error or the path simply has been changed, as I followed the documentation when I was setting up the server bits

Collapse

Dave

Hi Shahzad,

The Ambari install will fail unless the following repoinfo.xml files are updated according to the OS type:

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/1.2.1/repos/repoinfo.xml
    /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDPLocal/1.2.1/repos/repoinfo.xml

After the files are updated, the ambari-server should be restarted.

Example: The changes to the above files for OS CentOS6 would be:

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.2.0-1/centos6/1.x/updates/1.2.1

HDP-1.2.1
    HDP

Let me know if this helps,

Dave

Collapse

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I am using it to test an application with HDP 1.2. I setup the repository as stated in the installation docs. I am a noob when it comes to Hadoop, so I don’t know how to proceed… I did try to manually install the lzo package and get the following error:

yum install lzo
    Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, security, subscription-manager
    This system is receiving updates from Red Hat Subscription Management.
    http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/1.x/updates/1.2.1/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found”
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: HDP-1.2.1. Please verify its path and try again

Collapse

Dave

Hi Shahzad,

You need to ensure your repository is set up correctly. As you can see the package lzo cannot be found.
    Is there any specific reason you are installed 1.2 and not 1.3 or 2.0?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)