I am installing HDP 1.2 via the wizard (ambari server) on a small 5 node cluster …
– I have all of my yum repos configured properly,
– SSH Passwordless Key access between Ambari Host server and targets is configured properly
– NTP, DNS and all other Linux services are properly configured
– SELinux is disabled
– IPtables is turned off and disabled
– JDK 1.6.33 is present and configured properly
– ambari-server start command will start the ambari server correctly
I get all of the way thru the WUI installer wizard, to the last step “Install, Test and Configure” and it fails every time …
Have tried the command for ambari server reset …
[root@hw01 ~]# ambari-server reset
Using python /usr/bin/python2.6
**** WARNING **** You are about to reset and clear the Ambari Server database. This will remove all cluster host and configuration information from the database. You will be required to re-configure the Ambari server and re-run the cluster wizard.
Are you SURE you want to perform the reset [yes/no]? yes
Confirm server reset [yes/no]? yes
Reseting the Server database…
Ambari Server ‘reset’ complete
Have went to the other nodes and restarted the ambari agents also, , and have even rebooted the servers (6 GB RAM), added more memory, checking the ‘free -m’ command tells me they are not using much memory after a failed install .
Have tried checking the ambari server logs and ambari client logs, with not much help there, and the reset is not working, checked the documentation for the HDP 1.2, can’t seem to find what is my issue.
Perhaps multiple failed installs have resulted in a “partially installed system” … ???
Please throw any advice that you can my direction .